Employee Self Service (ESS)
Employee Self Service is a system, which is usually used by employees of an organization to conduct routine HR functions, that otherwise would be done on paper.
An Employee Self Service system may be used to:
- Apply for Leaves / Approval of Leaves by respective Managers
- Apply for Expenses / Approval of Expense by respective Managers
- Download Payslips
- View Payroll History
- View Company Policies and Procedures
- Update certain data for respective employees like bank details, contact information
- View Announcements posted by the company
- Conduct Performance Appraisal exercises
There can be much more processes that can be integrated into an Employee Self Service System, the above are just simple examples.