Should your company have an employee handbook? If you believe that consistent, clear employer-employee communication is necessary for productive and profitable employee relations, then your business (regardless of size) should not attempt to operate without a clearly worded, up-to-date employee handbook.
An employee handbook is a compilation of the policies, procedures, working conditions, and behavioral expectations in your business. An employee handbook should mainly have 2 major pieces of information:
- What employees can expect from the company?
- What does the company expect from its employees?
What benefit does an Employee Handbook offer to companies?
An employee handbook has several advantages for an employer, regardless of the size of the organization. An employee handbook keeps all of your company policies and procedures in one central place and helps you stay consistent in enforcing those policies and procedures. Below are some of the advantages of the Employee Handbook:
- Clarifies and communicates the rules and regulations across the whole organization, eliminating possibilities for confusion on the part of both employees and employers
- A handbook promotes an understanding of the business’s policies and procedures.
- Provides clear and defined guidelines upon which the employer can rely in any legal disputes with the employee, should they arise.
- A handbook is the supervisor’s reference manual and human resources guidebook.
- Sets out clear lines of communication between staff, management, and directors of the company
- A handbook is an excellent resource for the orientation of new employees.
What should an Employee Handbook include?
An employee handbook will differ from company to company, but generally, they contain the following:
- Company policies and culture
- Code of Conduct
- Legal Policies
- Company grievance policy
- Benefits information
- Dress code
- Company procedures
- HR information
- Company mission statement and values
- Employee rights and Privacy
- Health and safety provisions
HR Chronicle is the leading Cloud based HR and Payroll Management Software of the GCC Region. Once the HR has created the Employee Handbook, they can upload to HR Chronicle; where employees can download and read the employee handbook anytime from their Employee Self-service portal or from their Mobile App.
Have a question and want to get started on your HR and Payroll automation journey? Please contact our sales team for any inquiries on pricing and licensing. We will be glad to assist you. You can also visit us at https://www.hrchronicle.com or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us +971 4 3383775 or WhatsApp +971 55 650 6260.